Blog #2

     The island that I chose is "Belize," is because I have always heard and seen a lot about Belize because I have a friend that is actually from Belize. Belize is on the Caribbean Coast of Northern Central America and shares the border with the Mexico State of "Quintana Roo." Belize is the second longest barrier reef in the world and is 240 miles off the coastline. Belize has never always been named Belize it became independent in 1981 which changed their name from "British Honduras to Belize." If you were to ever visit Belize there are a couple of places that are listed on the "Www.travelchannel.com," that you can go on and find out the places. You could take a drive through the Creole Villages which is 45 minutes from Belize City and you will come across "Burrell Boom," and that's where they make homemade fruit wine. You're allowed to stop and have a tasting and also have a sample of their blackberry flavor wine. As you continue to tour the Burrell Boom when you look up in the trees you will see Monkey's called "Howler Monkeys." Another cultural experience that you have to try while in Belize is to get on the "Water taxi," to Caye Caulker which is off of the island and about 30-40 minutes away from Belize City. 

    I plan on visiting Belize on my 21st birthday because I want to go to either Cancun, Mexico or Puerto Rico. If I go to Cancun I will be able to go to Belize because their only about 4 hours away from each other and we could either take the plane or take a bus ride. One of my closest friends is from Belize and every time I go to their house I always seem to learn something new about anything and everything. The things that I learn from them are different cultural things, remedies, things that they have experienced and I always hear them talking about how good of a time they always have when they visit Belize. My plan is to go there for my birthday if I don't go to Puerto Rico and go to Cancun instead.

Comments

  1. Hi, Overall your blog about Belize is interesting. What I think exceeded the criteria of the blog is that grammar usage was good, detailed facts were included about you island. What I think could have been added is pictures and a better reference source when including references from different sites.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

January 22, 2021